The HubSpot integration allows you to connect Ocean.io directly with your CRM system. That way, you can import and export prospects with all company information and relevant contact details from and into your HubSpot system, run Ocean.io's segmentation and receive recommendations for your sales reps. 🙌
2. Click on 'Install now'. Make sure the right HubSpot account is selected, then you’ll be presented with HubSpot’s permission form. To export prospects into and from your HubSpot system, as well as analyze your data for the segmentation, the integration will need to have full access to your CRM system.
3. Map the fields of the Companies in your HubSpot to make sure that Ocean.io will parse the data into the correct fields. Most fields will be pre-mapped based on their names. The fields on the left are from Ocean.io, the fields on the right are from your HubSpot. If you don't select a property in your HubSpot account, the field will be ignored.
If you wish to create a new property for the Ocean.io field, you can do so in this process too. In that case, select 'Create custom property':
If you wish to identify the companies created by Ocean.io in particular, you can choose to give each exported company a default value of your choice. Scroll to the bottom of the page to 'Default export value', and click '+ Add another'. On the left side, you enter a standard value of your choice (e.g. 'Ocean.io'). On the right side, you select which property you wish to add this value to.
4. In the next step, perform the very same actions for the Contacts in your HubSpot. You know the drill!
5. Next up, is the page where you map your sales funnel. In order for Ocean.io to properly segment your CRM, this step is important. In the 'Won stages', select all pipeline stages that are considered 'Won' and 'Lost'. in HubSpot. If you have multiple pipelines that you want the segmentation to take into consideration, make sure to add them by clicking on 'Add new won/lost pipeline/stage'.
6. Next, choose if you want Ocean.io to automatically create a deal for each export you do. By default, this is switched on.
Note that if this option is switched on, Ocean.io will always create a deal, regardless if there was already a deal open in your pipeline (unlike when you export a company, where Ocean.io makes sure not to create duplicates).
If you wish to keep it switched on, make sure to select the correct pipeline and pipeline stage you wish Ocean.io to place the exported deals in. Also, choose the appropriate default name for the deal. This is, by default, '[company_name] deal', which will be replaced upon exporting with 'Acme Inc. deal' e.g.
7. Last but not least is 'User matching'. Make sure that the Ocean.io user (left) is paired up with the right HubSpot user (right). The user matching has an influence on the assignment of deals, companies, and contacts upon exporting from Ocean.io, segmentation, and recommendation cards.
Congratulations! Your integration is ready to go 🎉
Run into any issues? Hit us up on live chat or send us an email on [email protected] any time.